Seminar: Low Carbon GRP Daylight Solutions for the Metal Building Envelope
The seminar delivers an understanding of how rooflight choices in relation to key performance requirements can impact the overall contribution a product makes to the metal building envelope, with particular focus on:
- Light transmission
- Thermal performance and insulation values
- Embodied carbon
The presentation includes an online demonstration of these effects, helping specifiers to make informed decisions regarding key performance criteria.
Who should attend?
Architects, planning professionals, facilities managers and building owners, sustainability professionals.
RIBA, Core Curriculum
- Design and building it: Design, construction, technology and engineering.
- Climate: Sustainable architecture
- Establish the links between natural daylight, solar gain, U-value and embodied carbon in the rooflight specification.
- Detail key safety and thermal performance targets.
- Explore best solutions, “trading off” and “trading up” to achieve a balanced performance from the daylighting plan.
- Identify the performance and environmental benefits of GRP.
- Understand the advantages of GRP translucent rooflights.
- Understand the key concerns when specifying rooflights for the modern metal building envelope.
- Understand the configuration choices available to address critical performance criteria.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of these choices.
For more information on this seminar, please contact us on 01327 701900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org