The seminar delivers an understanding of how rooflight choices in relation to key performance requirements can impact on the overall contribution rooflights can make to the metal building envelope with particular focus on:
- Light transmission
- Thermal Performance and insulation values
- Embodied Carbon
The presentation includes an on-line demonstration of these effects, helping Specifiers to make informed decisions regarding key performance criteria.
Who should attend
Architects, Planning Professionals, Facilities Managers and Building owners, Sustainability Professionals.
RIBA, Core Curriculum
- Design and Building it: Design, construction, technology and engineering.
- Climate: Sustainable architecture
- To establish the links between natural daylight, solar gain, U-value and embodied carbon in the rooflight specification.
- To detail key safety and thermal performance targets.
- To explore best solutions, “trading off” and “trading up” to achieve a balanced performance from the daylighting plan.
- To identify the performance and environmental benefits of GRP.
- Understand the advantages of GRP translucent rooflights.
- Understand the key concerns when specifying rooflights for the modern metal building envelope.
- Understand the configuration choices available to address critical performance criteria.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of these choices.