Follow these tips to help generate new business
Be incredible, win new business
When it comes to generating new business the fundamental principles are the same regardless of company size and type. It comes down to having the right values at heart and communicating those to potential customers. Every job has the scope to generate new business for you simply by word of mouth – one of the most powerful forms of marketing, especially in our industry where there has been a historical perception that tradesman are riding around town on their horses, lasso in hand.
To help, here are our top 5 tips:
- Be professional – the way you interact with a potential customer (the quote you provide, the products you install) creates an impression with your customer and that is what they talk to their friends and family about. Referrals can generate more than 35% of your new business, not something to be sniffed at. Hambleside pride ourselves on customer service and the quality of products we produce to ensure our customers are happy and refer us to others.
- Be online – a company website does not need to be complex, in fact the simpler the better. Interested parties need to be able to navigate it easily to find the required information – what you do, how you can help them and how they get in touch with you. Examples of your work attract the most publicity and build your credibility. Hambleside are happy to support you with information on our products to showcase on your website. We have just launched our own new site, so take a look at www.hambleside-danelaw.co.uk
- Be social – even if you have just one social media account, it is worthwhile engaging with potential customers and get your name out there at no cost to you. For example, we recommend you share photos of your work to demonstrate your workmanship. Tag the manufacturer of products you are using for free publicity with their wider audience. Tag @HambDane on Twitter or type @hambleside danelaw into your Facebook post.
- Be seen – your vehicle and your employees are free advertising if branded with your company logo. Think van stickers, embroidered polo shirts, hoodies and fleeces all for a relatively low cost.
- Be credible – the above points contribute towards building your credibility and these are reinforced through the quality of the products you install and their reliability once you’ve left site.
Hambleside pride ourselves on providing good quality products that are fit for purpose, with the ultimate outcome of saving time and money for the end user. Contact us today on 01327 701900 to find about more our pitched roof ventilation, GRP flashings and roof ancillaries.